Thursday, January 29, 2015

Cosmo's Fun Fearless Life Event


Hi Ladies & Gents,

I hope all of you are having a great week! Can you guys believe we are heading into February?! I am actually ready for next month because its NYFW. I'm so excited that I will be going this year since I was away in September and wasn't able to attend. I can’t wait to bring you my coverage on street fashion and the shows I will be attending. I may even do a vlog for my YouTube chanel so you guys can see what goes down so stay tuned for that. 

So let’s get down to this post. I had the opportunity to attend the Cosmo Magazine Fun Fearless Event in November and I can tell you it was a fun event. There was fashion and inspiration all packed into one event. 
The speakers included industry-celebs like Cosmo Editor-in-Chief Joanna Coles, Kelly Osbourne, Gabrielle Union, Nasty Gal’s Sophia Amoruso, Sara Blakely of Spanx, and many more.  The day was full of motivational speeches and interesting panels that were pretty cool to watch. There was a Maybelline makeup counter where they were giving mini makeovers and the Express pop-up store was an awesome touch as well. I scored a cute clutch with a battery charger for my phone, which I end up ripping open to charge up my phone.lol.

I can honestly go through each speaker but honestly to feel each story you had to be there. I can tell you the one that inspired me the most was Sara Blakely. Her story really challenged me to fight for what I want when it comes to my dreams because all it takes is one person to believe in you. She was pretty funny too, she joked that she's probably the only woman on the planet who is grateful for her cellulite, since it was the inspiration behind her billion dollar idea company "Spanx". I truly enjoyed her segment.

Overall it was a great event but I was a little disappointed that there weren't really an opportunities to network which I feel is so important as a blogger. During breaks it was just a whole bunch of scrambling around to get some food or figure out who were just fans of Cosmo vs industry people. Regardless, I had a fab time and was even featured on Cosmo's website for best street style. 

Check out some pictures below of what I wore for both days of the event and some pictures of the event itself. Stay tuned for some cool events for the month of February.

Peace & Love

Sara Blakely: Founder of Spanx
Playing around with the Express photobooth accessories.

First day Look
Dress: H&M
Coat: H&M
Bag: Shoedazzle
Boots: Giuseppe Zanotti

I loved the  Express pop up shop





Loved this coat!

The guys panel was hilarious.
I love Alicia Quarles, she was also one of my favorite speakers.
Gabriel Union was very empowering. She talked about her ordeal of her personal pictures being hacked.


With my lovely friend Shareen from PearlsandParis
Gift Bags.
Thanks to my good friend Martha from Mdollnyc I was featured in Cosmo's website for best street style.




Loved my second look!
Top: H&M
Jeans: Forever 21
Shoes: Forever 21
Bag: Sorial Handbag
Coat: H&M
Sunglasses: Balenciaga
Top: H&M
Jeans: Forever 21
Shoes: Forever 21
Bag: Sorial Handbag
Coat: H&M
Sunglasses: Balenciaga
Top: H&M
Jeans: Forever 21
Shoes: Forever 21
Bag: Sorial Handbag
Coat: H&M
Sunglasses: Balenciaga
Check out my feature Cosmopolitan





No comments:

Post a Comment