Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Day 1 NYFW/ Desigual Fall 2015 Collection


Hi Ladies &Gents,

I hope all of you are having a fab week. It's been a crazy three weeks for my household. Between Annabelle being sick, NYFW and LA, my head is spinning. I'm actually laying in bed with her right now as I type this, it seems its the only time I have to write a blog these days. Anyway I'm sure you guys want to hear about NYFW.

So, where do I begin? Lets start with how I prep for fashion week. I knew  that it was going to be a miserable week weather wise, so I knew I had to layer up and my key items to make my outfit pop were going to be my accessories. I had purchased this beautiful Desigual coat two months ago so I knew if I were invited to the show I would be wearing it. This coat is such a beautiful piece that had to be paired with an all winter white outfit. I originally was going to wear the matching skirt to my sweater, but once again the weather kept me from doing that so I paired the sweater with a jumpsuit and added a final touch with my shoedazzle shoes and Balenciaga bag. If you follow me on social media you know I am into mixing price points. I purchase items I like, whether its an expensive bag or $20 shoes, if it looks good to me I will buy it and have no shame in my game. I honestly don't follow trends, the smart thing to do is buy pieces that will last through the trends. I cant tell you how many times I get stopped and asked where did I buy a certain item and when I tell them its from Forever 21 or  H&M the looks are priceless. Remember ladies you don't have to spend a million bucks to look it.

So now that I had my outfit ready, it was time to head into the city for my start to NYFW. I live in NJ so it was easy for me to just drive in, but honestly I would have preferred to stay in the city, which I plan on doing for the next NYFW. Dealing with traffic and parking was a little annoying, but it was for the love of fashion so I bit the bullet for it. I met some of my loves at Lincoln Center and we headed into the show. I can say I absolutely loved the show.
The Desigual Collection celebrated the world of creativity. Abstract paintings, photographs of Africa, a voyage to northern Europe and a landscape full of flowers are the root of the design inspiration. The colors were vibrant and for a Latina like myself I'm all for that.The collection featured geometric motifs in black and white, multi-colored cardigans with a Scandinavian feel and structured dresses dipped in watercolors. Along with floral skirts in printed tulle make up the line alongside cocoon coats. Overall it was a fabulous collection for the everyday woman who dare to stand out.

Desigual's current brand ambassador, model Chantelle Winnie, walked the runway along with supermodel, Behati Prinsloo. Celebrity guests in attendance included Katie Holmes and Adriana Lima, both wear spotted wearing Desigual.


Check out some pictures of my outfit and first day at Lincoln center as well as some of my favorite pieces from the Desigual Collection. Stay tuned for day 2 of NYFW on the blog tomorrow.
Sunglasses: SwarovskiBag: Balenciaga
Coat; Desigual
Shoes: Shoedazzle
Sweater & Jumpsuit: H&M


Sunglasses: SwarovskiBag: Balenciaga
Coat; Desigual
Shoes: Shoedazzle
Sweater & Jumpsuit: H&M

Sunglasses: SwarovskiBag: Balenciaga
Coat; Desigual
Shoes: Shoedazzle
Sweater & Jumpsuit: H&M

Sunglasses: SwarovskiBag: Balenciaga
Coat; Desigual
Shoes: Shoedazzle
Sweater & Jumpsuit: H&M










No comments:

Post a Comment